Vienglish is a term used by many of my friends to show the mix between languages, and perhaps cultures. This new meld between English and Vietnamese represents my life in Ho Chi Minh City where my culture and beliefs effect how I see and understand the new world around me. Vienglish, my travel blog is an outlet for me to share with others my experiences here in Vietnam and my passion for great food!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hanoi - Old Quarter - Doner Kebab


Go at around 5 o'clock as the sun is sinking and your sure to get a treat! This "Vietnamese" Shwarma stand is a delicious treat that appears outside the Dong Xuan market in the Old Quarter, 900 meters from Hoan Kiem lake. A warm baguette layered with sliced meat, spicy chili sauce, cooling yogurt sauce, onions, tomatos, and lettuce is a definite stomach filler for 10,000 dong!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home