Vienglish is a term used by many of my friends to show the mix between languages, and perhaps cultures. This new meld between English and Vietnamese represents my life in Ho Chi Minh City where my culture and beliefs effect how I see and understand the new world around me. Vienglish, my travel blog is an outlet for me to share with others my experiences here in Vietnam and my passion for great food!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Banh Xeo



Banh Xeo - Hoi An

The difference between the banh xeo made in hoi an and ho chi minh city is the size and toppings. Hoi ans are bite size and can easily be made into a springroll, while in Ho Chi Minh City, they are twice the size of a plate folded over. Also, Banh Xeo in Hoi An are wrapped up in rice paper and stuffed with greens, while the Ho Chi Minh City Banh Xeo are torn into bits and wrapped in lettuce leaves. The sauces also differ with Saigons being a light clear fish like sauce and Hoi An's being a peanut like hot sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home