Vienglish is a term used by many of my friends to show the mix between languages, and perhaps cultures. This new meld between English and Vietnamese represents my life in Ho Chi Minh City where my culture and beliefs effect how I see and understand the new world around me. Vienglish, my travel blog is an outlet for me to share with others my experiences here in Vietnam and my passion for great food!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bia Hoi Saigon




My parents like this hole in the wall; its a great place for people watching and good beer and peanuts. 2 Liters of fresh beer is only 30,000 dong or 2 dollars. Watch out though, if you don't like surprises they do charge you a small fee for the peanuts and the hand wipes. Located on the end of Hai Ba Trung Street right off of Ton Duc Thang near the Saigon River.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

30,000 dong is US17 cents, not $2.

6:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, sorry. Price of a glass is typically 3000 dong, or 17 cents. 30K dong would be $1.70. That's alot of beer...

6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home