Vienglish is a term used by many of my friends to show the mix between languages, and perhaps cultures. This new meld between English and Vietnamese represents my life in Ho Chi Minh City where my culture and beliefs effect how I see and understand the new world around me. Vienglish, my travel blog is an outlet for me to share with others my experiences here in Vietnam and my passion for great food!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Givral Cafe and Restaurant


A while ago I was out with my mother and happened to stop at this cafe. We had heard a few good reviews about and decided to see for ourselves. Unfortunately, Givral's cafe and restaurant failed to live up to our expectations. The cakes were good but fairly stale, and can be found at the Brodard Delicatessen or Brodard's Cafe. The service itself was less than desirable with the waiter sneezing in his hand before serving us and then ignoring our table for the remainder of the time. I give fair warning to any person that ventures inside Givral's doors, especially with so many other good cafes and restaurants right around that area.
Also, my mother was disturbed by the single bathroom. HA! There was no girls/guys bathroom which always leaves the problem of the toilet seat being left up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home