Vienglish is a term used by many of my friends to show the mix between languages, and perhaps cultures. This new meld between English and Vietnamese represents my life in Ho Chi Minh City where my culture and beliefs effect how I see and understand the new world around me. Vienglish, my travel blog is an outlet for me to share with others my experiences here in Vietnam and my passion for great food!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Phy My Hung

Phu My Hung, a 'residential' area about 8 km outside of Ho Chi Minh City. It is a project being developed by a group of Taiwanese, who were formerly led by Lawrence Ting. As he has now passed away, his wife and children have continued to run the business. This area was once nothing but swamps and wetlands, but it has now been transformed.

It is a mixture of houses and apartments through which two busy roads cut. Unfortunately the planning committee has decided to enlarge the roads so now the two halves of Phu My Hung will be cut by a 10 lane highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home